[NFBCS] Many-to-Many Relations

Nathaniel Schmidt schmidty2244 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 02:19:21 UTC 2021

HI all,

Not sure if this is more of a conceptual of a visual issue for me.  But I
was wondering if anyone has developed a way for a blind person to be able to
conceptualise, if not visualise, a many-to-many, or M:N, or *..*
relationship within the logical design of a relational database model?

I'm struggling with this idea in developing a design for a series of entity
relationships, which I know must somehow involve a collation of several
one-to-many (1:M or 1..*) relationships, which can be a little difficult to
develop in of themselves.

I'm thinking of something in the context of a relational database structure
built with SQL (Oracle DBMS).  I need to figure out how and which primary
vs. foreign keys need to be included so that I can develop the associative
entity, or composite / bridge table structure.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathaniel

Nathaniel Schmidt

Undergraduate student

Bachelor of Computer Science (S306)

School of Information Technology

Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment

Deakin University, Melbourne (Burwood) campus

https://www.deakin.edu.au/

E: njschmidt at deakin.edu.au <mailto:njschmidt at deakin.edu.au>

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/njsch/

GitHub: https://github.com/njsch/