[NFBCS] {Spam?} RE: {Spam?} Adding a hyperlink to text in Slack

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at outlook.com
Sat Apr 2 13:52:17 UTC 2022

Charles,

I saw the answer from Louis and what he says is worth investigating.  If I am understanding what you are encountering, though, the problem might be occurring when you paste the link in.  I have not copied a link from Slack as you are doing, but I've had similar problems in other circumstances.  One approach that has worked for me is to copy the link into NotePad first, and then copy it from NotePad to the destination.  NotePad will usually strip away any formatting information that might cause the "Paste" to change the content.  This isn't perfect because it makes this a two-step process, so I suggest it as a last resort, but it has helped me often.

Another last resort approach I have used is to use the JAWS Speech History function.  I assume it is available in Fusion but I don't know that for sure.  Make sure the link has been spoken and then press JAWSKEY and then SPACE followed by the letter "H".  You will be placed in a sort of editor which contains the most recent things JAWS has spoken.  You can select and copy a link out of this window in a manner that is similar to NotePad.  When you have pasted the link, press ESCAPE to close the Speech History window.  This should also strip out formatting that might be giving the paste process ideas as to how the link can be reformatted.

Good luck.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson