[NFBCS] Say All command is broken in NVDA

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 21:12:21 UTC 2022

Hello Amanda:

If using the Caps Lock key as the NVDA modifier, you need to press NVDA plus
the letter a. This is what the User's Manual
<https://www.nvaccess.org/files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html?>
indicates.

See the below table.

Name

Desktop key

Laptop key

Description

Say all

NVDA+downArrow

NVDA+a

Starts reading from the current position of the system caret, moving it
along as it goes

Read current line

NVDA+upArrow

NVDA+l

Reads the line where the system caret is currently situated. Pressing twice
spells the line. Pressing three times spells the line using character
descriptions.

Read current text selection

NVDA+Shift+upArrow

NVDA+shift+s

Reads any currently selected text

Report text formatting

NVDA+f

NVDA+f

Reports the formatting of the text where the caret is currently situated.
Pressing twice shows the information in browse mode

Next sentence

alt+downArrow

alt+downArrow

Moves the caret to the next sentence and announces it. (only supported in
Microsoft Word and Outlook)

Previous sentence

alt+upArrow

alt+upArrow

Moves the caret to the previous sentence and announces it. (only supported
in Microsoft Word and Outlook)

Cordially,

Curtis Chong