[NFBCS] Using the Chrome Console

dan.tevelde at comcast.net dan.tevelde at comcast.net
Tue Apr 26 15:01:16 UTC 2022

Hi Lewis,

This does sound easier. I am editing JavaScript in Visual Studio from within
a Ubantu distribution. For the most part Visual Studio works well except
that sometimes cursor routing on my Mantis Braille display will move the
cursor to the top of the window instead of the line where I have an error I
want to fix. As far as I can tell NVDA treats the Visual Studio editor as
though I am in browse mode. I get the NVDA browse mode sound when Visual
Studio opens. If I switch to forms mode, the cursor moves to the top of the
screen and I can't move the cursor. This seems weird to me. You would think
the opposite would be true.

If I am working on assignments for school where they are teaching test
driven development and debugging. I can easily open the Chrome console and
type JavaScript or paste code I have written somewhere else. The problems
start when I try to find the correct tools tab to expand. Even if I get into
the JavaScript debugger tool the function keys listed on the Google support
page for the Chrome console don't work. I suppose if I am working on a group
assignment I could edit in Visual Studio and copy into the Chrome console so
a student working with me could compare what
I am doing to what they are doing. I think the problem is solvable, but I
will need to take the different approach you are suggesting. I haven't yet
gotten into HTML and CSS, but I would imagine the same principles would
apply.

Dan