[NFBCS] Linux Screen Readers

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Mon Aug 22 15:32:50 UTC 2022

Hi Brian,

Concerning cutting and pasting accurately with JAWS.

In JAWS if you hit insert + v, and type cursor into the search field, you can arrow down and find virtual cursor options.  There are two options with the virtual cursor,

Virtual Cursor Options

Select and Copy Full content using onscreen highlight
>From Virtual Cursor
1 of 2
Select and Copy From Virtual Cursor
3 of 12

Use the spacebar to move between options.

Select and Copy Full content using onscreen highlight
>From Virtual Cursor
1 of 2

Will allow you to copy links, headings, and other web attributes.  However, it is difficult to control the beginning and ending of what you want to copy.

Select and Copy From Virtual Cursor
Will give you only the characters you want to copy.  It will not copy the URL's behind links and other web attributes.  However, you will have full control over the first and last characters you want to copy.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838