[NFBCS] a question for the list, especially Jaws for windows users how do you get system tray items to be displayed on a braille display?

maurice mines maurice at maurice-amines.com
Mon Dec 26 20:37:31 UTC 2022

hello everyone, I hope everyone's break from whatever they're doing here
between Christmas and New Year's is going well. Here's my question I am
trying to get the system tray items such as the battery state the volume
level etc. to be displayed on my braille display and braille since I
cannot always hear those things.

I have a Brailliant BIA 40 X display. Does anyone know how to do this in
JAWS for Windows 2023?

Perhaps our good friend Mr. Chung has a suggestion or two, or someone
else who has this combination of hardware. My machine is a Dell Latitude
3520.

I hope this is enough information that someone can give me some pointers
in the right direction on how to get this issue resolved so that I can
effectively manage my own system. Thanks for reading this.

As I always say just be aware that I am dictating this to the computer.
And because I'm visiting family it's a bit noisy in the background so
I'm hoping that this email can be understood. If there's something you
don't understand, please reach out to me and asked me what did I really
mean. Thank you well in advance very much for reading this.

Sincerely Maurice Mines.