[NFBCS] Regarding an accessible project management tool

dan.tevelde at comcast.net dan.tevelde at comcast.net
Thu Jan 6 21:19:21 UTC 2022

Hello Ronak,

It sounds like you have some ambitious goals and I'm impressed. I have some
ideas about what tools you might consider. You can take them or leave them.

1. for your task list you could create it in Excel. I have a template I use
in my current job which I developed in a previous job. If you would like, I
can send it to you.
2. For collaboration tools I have used SharePoint and the Google Suite of
products. Google Docs is nice because while you are editing your
screenreader will let you know who else is in the document.
3. The only place I have used Kanban boards is the Jira software from
Atlassian. That's installed at the enterprise level. I used it with NVDA but
needed a plug-in to create tickets and use it effectively. I did some
screenreader testing for Atlassian but don't know what plans they have for
accessibility. Maybe there is some other product which uses a Kanban board.
4. For brainstorming collaboratively I recommend Google Docs. You can see
who else is working at the same time you are and what they are writing.
SharePoint and Microsoft Online office require some tweaking to work well
with a screenreader.
5. I'm not aware of an application to make flow charts. Even if you could
make a flow chart how would you read it? The only method which occurs to me
is to use graphics software and emboss the flow chart using a Braille
embosser.

I have not used project management software but the anecdotal evidence I get
from comments by other blind people is that project management software and
the project management certification exams aren't accessible. I don't have
any first-hand experience so
I don't know if this is true. I hope this information is helpful.

Dan