[NFBCS] Questions about using MS Teams

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at outlook.com
Wed Jul 13 02:40:27 UTC 2022

I'm not questioning the value of a Sound Blaster, but just to make sure you're using all of the features in JAWS you can, the following page will tell you about directing JAWS to a particular sound card, which could be different than the sound card your system is using, and how to send JAWS audio to one ear and your system audio to another. https://blog.freedomscientific.com/increase-productivity-with-new-sound-features-in-jaws-and-fusion-2022/#:~:text=Press%20INSERT%2BSPACEBAR%20to%20activate%20the%20command%20layer.%20Press,pressing%20your%20UP%20ARROW%20or%20DOWN%20ARROW%20keys.

For me, I use a headset for both JAWS and system audio and use the JAWS shortcuts to adjust the volume of each separately. To change the JAWS and system volumes using JAWS, do the following:
1. Hit JAWS-key+space-bar
2. Press 'j' for JAWS or 's' for system
3. Use the arrow keys to adjust your volumes
Once I get everything adjusted right, I can comfortably use my headset and listen to both JAWS and the audio on the Teams call.

--
Christopher (AKA CJ)
Chaltain at Outlook