[NFBCS] Seeking Interviews for PhD Multiline Braille Display Project

Ronald Heisser rh578 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 13 18:16:16 UTC 2022

Dear NFBCS membership,

My name is Ronald Heisser and I am a mechanical engineering PhD student at Cornell University developing novel actuation technology for low-cost tactile displays. I am doing an NSF-funded commercialization program to learn from braille display users to determine what value a multiline display could bring to the blind community.

I am emailing the computer science listserv because I have learned that people who write code might experience frustrations or limitations with single line displays. I am very curious to learn more about experiences of blind programmers, professional and amateur.

If you have 15-20 minutes to speak this week or next, I'd be glad to interview you. All stages of life are welcome. I can do zoom or text. My number is provided in my email signature if you'd like to call or text me with your interest.

Ronald Heisser
Cornell University
(210) 334-1115