[NFBCS] Printer Recommendation

Starry_sky at live.com Starry_sky at live.com
Sat Jul 30 20:30:40 UTC 2022

Suggest you look for a printer with print heads on the cartridges. You
get new print heads when you change the cartridges.  HP and Dell
printers use these and their printers usually last longer.  The printers
with the print heads built in are cheaper but those cannot be replaced
when they wear out.  Epson and Canon fall in this category.  Laser
printers cost more and the cartridges can be messy and tougher to change
but you get a lot more prints before you need to change the cartridge.

To keep ink cartridges from drying up, take the cartridge out when not
printing.  Store it upright in an airtight container in the
refrigerator.  Liquid dries faster exposed to air and heat.  Cool and
airtight slows that down.  New cartridges are vacuum-sealed for that
reason so don't open those until you need to print.