[NFBCS] Number of Files in Folders Not Reported Correctly After Update

Peter pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Mon Jun 6 02:35:58 UTC 2022

Good evening everyone,

                This is not something that just happened today. I noticed
that whenever Windows updates the number of files listed in folders on all
drives is not reported correctly. I've been told that I have 50 files in
folders when I know for a fact that there are many times the number of files
being reported in one case over 1000 files, but Windows says that there are
only 50 files in this folder for example. I also noticed that this tends to
resolve after a few days and Windows lists the correct number of files in
folders. I wonder if there's a way to force Windows to report the correct
number of files in folders after an update? A fix for this would be very
much appreciated.

Peter Donahue