[NFBCS] using a raspberry pi as a blind user

ameliapelli95 at gmail.com ameliapelli95 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 19:52:53 UTC 2023

Greetings all,

This semester I will have the opportunity to complete extra curricular
projects to receive a scholarship from the cyber security department at my
university.

I was wondering which model of raspberry pi and kits setups that each of you
use?

Further, what operating systems have you used on it/what screen readers have
you tested?

I am tentatively looking at purchasing the raspberry pi 4b model, with 8 GB
of ram, with the android operating system using a talkback install.

Did you all have to purchase a monitor separately, and what degree of
sighted assistance did you need for the initial setup?

I know that this is many questions, so please feel free to contact me
off-list at

Ameliapelli95 at gmail.com

Kind Regards, Amelia Pellicciotti