[NFBCS] Test Email

Brian Buhrow buhrow at nfbcal.org
Tue Jan 3 00:30:05 UTC 2023

	hello.  Whether or not the messages get converted to plain text is a setting in the
Mailman software.  This is a list-specific option and I'm guessing David sets the default
setting such that HTML gets converted to plain text for all lists.
One reason for doing this, in addition to providing a more uniform experience for all the
participants on a list, is to cut down on the number of harmful messages that make it through
the list.  A lot of nefarious things can be hidden in HTML and the plain-text conversion option
is a quick and easy way to nip that in the bud.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't turn the option off, but it does mean that the decision to do it
is more complicated than it might first appear.

-thanks
-Brian