[NFBCS] Invitation for interview study on blind and low vision professionals working in the software industry

Yoonha Cha yoonhac2 at uci.edu
Tue Jul 18 15:46:56 UTC 2023

Hello! My name is Yoonha Cha, and I am a PhD student at the University of California, Irvine. My faculty advisor is Dr. Stacy Branham and I am leading a research study aiming to understand the accessibility of meetings for blind and low vision professionals working in the software industry. We are reaching out, looking for participants who would like to take part in a 60-minute audio-recorded virtual interview session to share their stories.

You are eligible to participate in this study if you:
1. Identify as being blind or having low vision
2. Have been working or have worked in a position in the software development life cycle (SDLC). Some roles include software developer, manager, team lead, QA engineer, devops engineer, tester, and more.
3. Have at least one year of experience working in this role in an English-speaking organization.

You will be paid at a rate of $20/hour for your participation via an Amazon gift card. We acknowledge that the compensation amount is not commensurate with average hourly rates for people in this industry. We would ideally like to compensate more, but this project is funded through a university research grant and unfortunately we do not have control over the payment amount. If you are still interested in telling your story and experience to the research community and contributing to accessibility research, we would greatly appreciate your time.
If you are interested in participating in this study, please fill out this short form <https://forms.gle/AKiGdEEXg6xj1GGx8>, or contact me, Yoonha Cha, at yoonha.cha at uci.edu <mailto:yoonha.cha at uci.edu>. Thank you!

Yoonha Cha
PhD student, Informatics
University of California, Irvine