[NFBCS] Accessible Event Registration and Management Platform

Mika Pyyhkala pyyhkala at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 14:47:16 UTC 2023

Hi,

We are trying to setup in person and other types of events, and I
wanted to find out if anyone knows about accessible event management
platforms.

I just took a look at Cvent, and it looks like there may be
accessibility issues with the features you use to do the back end
design of the event. For instance, setting up the web page and
associated fields that the attendee that is registering would see and
fill out.

Also several years ago I used Eventbrite. I remember we had to revert
to an older classic template in order to make the pages more
accessible, and sometimes I would have to call Eventbright to have
them manually perform certain operations on my events that would be
difficult or impossible using a screen reader.

Has anyone used or looked at the design parts of these systems. Our
compnay officially uses Cvent at present though if its truly not
accessible it may be that our department would switch to a more
accessible platform.

Best,
Mika