[NFBCS] codespace issues with voiceover

Peter Mark usapetermark at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 17:10:58 UTC 2023

hi list

i am currently in a computer science course and we are coding using vs code in a github codespace virtual machine.

the terminal in the github codespace works ok with an accessible version of it's output available.
i am seeing all the accessibility controls for the workspace.
but i am having issues using the editor with voiceover.
when i cursor left or right instead of hearing each character, what i hear is the word read out until i pass it.

if my line is ...
"hi this is pete"
it would say as i right arrow across the line...
hi hi space this this this this space is is space pete pete pete pete

i have tried every setting i could for voiceover and tried as many options as i could with vs, but no luck.

i have been getting by so far by coding in text edit and then pasting my code in but now i came to the place where i have to write out in the virtual codespace vs editor.

thank you for any help.
pete