[NFBCS] Exploratory Data Analysis And Sonification

Bhavya shah bhavya.shah125 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 15:38:26 UTC 2023

Dear all,

I am tasked with some exploratory data analysis for some large
time-seried data sets. My sense is that graphing a variable in terms
of value of the variable on the y axis and time on the x axis, i.e.
data visualization, would be a good first step to get a feel for
general trends before conducting more specific analyses. While I
cannot see such a graph, I know that audio graphing technologies
generally exist. What tools or libraries could I use to sonify plots
that I generate in the process of analysing a .csv file in Python?
Other strategies for exploratory data analysis are also welcome.

I would appreciate any thoughts and inputs!

Kind Regards,
Bhavya Shah
B.S. in Mathematical and Computational Science | Stanford '24