[NFBCS] IPEVO Visualizer & Ubuntu Linux 23.10

Jim Barbour jbar at barcore.com
Fri Nov 17 07:48:47 UTC 2023

You can go around the packaging system entirely if you're up for that.

I tried it and got the app to launch.  I don't know if it will do more than that, since I don't have any camera hardware.

Here's a script outlining what I did...

# Clean up from bad attempts to install visualizar
sudo apt --fix-broken install
# install libopencv-core-dev
sudo apt install libopencv-core-dev
# Install missing java packages
sudo apt install openjdk-8-jre-headless
sudo apt install openjdk-8-jre

# See a list of files in the .deb file
dpkg -c visualizer_1.1.4.39_all.deb
# Go around the package install system and put the files where they belong.
sudo dpkg -x visualizer_1.1.4.39_all.deb /

# Run the app
/usr/bin/visualizer.out

I hope this helps,

Jim