[NFBCS] Regarding Braile Embossers

John Gardner john.gardner at viewplus.com
Wed Jan 31 23:12:35 UTC 2024

Jim, what characteristics do you need? i.e. is a non-speedy letter size single-sided embosser good enough? If so, the best buy is a ViewPlus EmBraille ($2000) but that you can buy as BrailleBuddy from Irie-AT for $1500. The difference is that the BrailleBuddy does not include the Tiger Software Suite and the EmBraille does. Naturally, both print really good graphics.

An embosser that prints interpoint on 11.5 paper costs $3500 or more.

I’m prejudiced of course since I am president of ViewPlus.
John