[NFBCS] A very strange outlook classic issue. Please read below.

Maurice A. Mines maurice at mmines.org
Tue Sep 24 19:51:17 UTC 2024

Hello everyone, I am dictating this to my phone. Hopefully it will get sent out correctly. In fact, that’s the problem. Whenever I dictate an email using Outlook classic on the true windows machine, for some reason, it puts all of my outgoing messages in drafts. How do I know this because after I attempt to send the message I am now firing up my MacBook Pro 2022, it’s a silicone machine. When I look at my drafts to make sure that this issue isn’t occurring, I find multiple drafts of the email that I thought I just sent from windows. What’s going on? Just for the record when I do read through the email again and send it. It all goes out properly from my Mac without a problem. The reason why I’m using windows is because not only am I deaf blind. I have a diagnosed written expression disorder. Which of course forces me to use dragon. And as I hope everyone on this list is aware dragon is a Windows product only. So if I want my email to be understood, I have to dictate it into windows, meaning outlook express. To further complicate all of this, I do have a virtual windows machine on my Macthat I use or the exact same purpose. However, the email issue is even more strange on that machine even if I go into the email account, maybe email box that I’ve set up specifically for official email from the deaf  that I use or the exact same purpose. However, the email issue is even more strange on that machine even if I go into the email account, maybe email box that I’ve set up specifically for official email from the deaf blind division email. What happened then is the email when I dictate it in that manner gets placed into my Microsoft outlook email addresses send Q and it sent out as if I was using only my Microsoft Outlook address. Unfortunately, this is not an appropriate address for sending emails on behalf of the national Federation of the blind. Meaning, certainly not something I would use to send out on behalf of the division. does anyone have any good suggestions on how to fix this email conundrum? I’m assuming that there’s hopefully someone on this list that can help me figure this all out? I know two of you personally might potentially have some suggestions, Curtis, and Brian. I hope this email finds everyone well? And I hope the phone dictation is not too difficult to read.

Just as I know this email was being dictated on an iPhone 15+ I am certainly not considering upgrading unless Apple Intelligence is that they would say a killer“ I don’t expect it to be, but I could be surprised.

Note 2 if you wanna respond to this email because of all of the above mentioned email addresses, please see the email address in my signature block that address emails do actually get to me. Thank you very much for reading this.

Maurice Mines, President

National Federation of the Blind Deaf-Blind Division

Email: nfbdbpresident at mmines.org

Website: www.nfb.org <http://www.nfbdeaf-blind.org>

Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind Deaf-Blind Division, a proud division

of the National Federation of the Blind, is a community of members and

friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day

we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.