[Nfbespanol-talk] Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida to receive Distinguished Legislative Service Award at Washington Seminar

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Sat Jan 30 06:46:33 UTC 2010

Dear Fellow Federationists:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

As you know, our Washington Seminar is fast approaching.  On
Wednesday, February 3, it is extremely important that you attend the
5:00 p.m. meeting because we will have a special
guest.  Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz of Florida will
receive a Distinguished Legislative Service Award for her leadership
in securing funding for the Digital Talking Book program of the
Library of Congress. Congresswoman Wasserman Schultz is a
subcommittee chairperson and Chief Deputy Whip in the United States
House of Representatives. Please make a point to attend this meeting
and express your sincere appreciation for all that she has done to
create opportunity for blind Americans.  Congresswoman Wasserman
Schultz is also a cosponsor of the Blind Persons Return to Work Act
and the Pedestrian Safety Enhancement Act, and we believe that she
will soon sign on as a cosponsor of the Technology Bill of Rights for
the Blind.  Please join us in honoring this great supporter and
friend of America's blind.

If you're not already in Washington on Wednesday but live in the
District or in Virginia or Maryland, please make an effort to be at
the Holiday Inn Capitol, 550 C Street SW, to attend this special
presentation.  If you live in Maryland or can get to the National
Center for the Blind in Baltimore, there will be transportation on
Wednesday afternoon to the Holiday Inn Capitol for this important
gathering.  If you would like to utilize this transportation option,
please contact Scott White by calling (410) 659-9314, extension 2231,
or e-mailing <mailto:swhite at nfb.org>swhite at nfb.org.  Please let Scott
know by the close of business on Monday, February 1, if you plan to
use this transportation option.  Transportation will leave the
National Center for the Blind promptly at 2:45 p.m. and return to the
Center at approximately 8 p.m.  Please be sure to arrive at the
Center no later than 2:30 p.m. so that the van(s) can depart on
time.  If you will already be at Washington Seminar, please make a
point of being in the Columbia Room at 5 p.m.  The gathering will
last until approximately 6:30 p.m.  I hope to see you in Washington.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen