[Nfbf-l] Heads up on BJs

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Fri Dec 5 23:28:45 UTC 2008

Dear Jody,

Either way, I would say to use the incident to educate them.
You were certainly in the right here with the ADA.
You could use this to form a relationship with the store by intelligently
educating them as to the Rights and the needs of the Blind and Disabled.
This could come back to help you when you are looking for donations in the
future.
You don't have to back down, but can work from a position of strength and
turn a negative into a positive if you handle it right.

David Evans, NFBF
Past Chair, ADA Advisory Board, Palm Beach County