[Nfbf-l] Social Security

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Mon Dec 8 20:16:29 UTC 2008

Judy,
    The premise of this law suit is that the SSA is discriminating against
those of us who are blind by not "providing meaningful access" to the
information. In my opinion, this is not a valid premise. The SSA provides
several ways through which a person with a visual disability can access this
information. One way is through the internet where your information is
readily available. In addition, one can call a toll-free number and, after
providing certain identifying information, obtain the information needed
through an automated system. Finally, one can do it the "old fashioned way"
by calling the same toll-free number and talking to a live person who can
provide this information. So, the premise of this law suit is flawed and, I
hope, will be dismissed because the blind are not denied "meaningful access"
to the information.

Fraternally,
Marion