[Nfbf-l] Social Security

Dotswritebrl at aol.com Dotswritebrl at aol.com
Fri Dec 26 03:38:44 UTC 2008

Sorry for this untimely post, but I must comment.  The Ada in title 3 says
that anything in black and white must be in a format the blind can use.  If
someone does read it to you, it must be read verbatum.  Social Security puts out
their entitlement books, the ones that talk about the benefits, in Braille and
large print.  I believe you can get it in a recorded format.  When my husband
retired, the lady asked me how I wanted my communication sent.  I told them
Braille.  Guess who hasn't gotten any communication.  Its much easier to put it
in my husband's name.  He is sighted, so therefore they don't have to do
anything but print.

Joann, being able to identify mail has nothing to do with rehabilitation.
Its like the saying "all cats are grey at night."  In other words, you may get
15 pieces of mail in a business envelope, but if you can't read the address,
they all look the same.  Going on your premise, Dr. Mauerer hasn't been
rehabilitated, because unless some one reads the address to him, or he uses his KNFB
reader, he can't tell, so he hasn't been rehabilitated. JMHO.        Evelyn
Dawursk
Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.