[Nfbf-l] Social Security

Kirk Harmon kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 17:51:27 UTC 2008

This is so true Joann, this is one of my strongest beliefs about our blind
community.We are such a small percentage of our population and even combined
with other disabilities we still remain so! This is why I am and always have
been so adamant about working along side other disabilities organizations
when needed to stay unified on issues that will benefit us by having a
stronger voice with are negotiations. We, unfortunately, don't have the
luxury of division  amongst ourselves on certain topics as other sighted
organizations do.  So, due to our minority status with the overall
population We have to really learn to work together on more of our more
important issues and quit defending our pettinesses with each other. Joann,
wouldn't it be nice if  we could learn to hold hands on important issues
rather than our EGO's? Kirk