[Nfbf-l] Fw: Time to call your Florida House Representative!Another Service for the Blind may be going by the Wayside.

craig kiser sckiser55 at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 23 16:12:11 UTC 2009

I suggest we consider a different approach.  With the Radio
Service we are limited to the schedule times and content.  If the
funds were redirected to NFB Newsline we could greatly enhance
the program which gives us complete independence in choosing when
to read which newspaper and allows us to read from any location,
not just over the receiver they provide.  I suggest we seek
transfor of the funds to support Newsline.

Impaired has
>been eliminated in the budget passed by the Florida House of
>Representatives.  The Program provides grants to stations to
operate this
>service and services at Nine Florida stations.

>The Senate budget still includes funding support.  The House and
Senate are