[Nfbf-l] my guide dog merry

Kathy Davis kdavisnfbf at cfl.rr.com
Thu Aug 13 02:35:37 UTC 2009

Hello Dear Sherrill,

I am so glad that you called me and that we were able to cry together over
this tragic news about your Merry dog. She has been my roommate twice now
although you were there too of course. I love your girl and have so enjoyed
my time with her both in Detroit and in DC. She worked like a trooper at
national convention and was so happy doing her job guiding you through the
throngs of people and new places. My heart truly aches at the very idea that
she will soon be waiting for you to reconnect with you at the Rainbow
Bridge. We are never truly prepared to give our beloved guides up because
they become a part of our hearts as a true family member and a friend who is
loyal beyond compare.

I am glad that you are pampering Merry during her final days with you and
your family. She's a darling and the love you two share is so evident. Just
know that I am keeping you in my prayers. Please give Miss Merry a great big
hug and an extra treat from me.

With love,

Kathy