[Nfbf-l] Provider Training

Mark markspark at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 30 22:30:46 UTC 2009

Greetings,

I recently attended a public hearing concerning transportation in Martin County, Florida, where we live, and one of the suggestions was that we do something to train subcontractors and drivers in how to work more effectively with blind persons.  We have had some minor problems, drivers screaming at us as though we were deaf and perhaps not so bright, for example.  After the hearing, the local coordinator of our transportation system suggested we set up something for this purpose, including possibly using videos.  Does the national office have anything like this directed at sighted people who regularly work with blind persons that we might purchase?  Thank you.
Mark Tardif
You can't hug your loved ones with nuclear arms