[Nfbf-l] Candidates at the Presidents Breakfast?

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Mon May 18 03:13:59 UTC 2009

Dear All,

As a former Chapter President, I would say that this is not the right place
for this.  The Chapter presidents meeting is held for a different purpose,
for the presidents to get to know each other and exchange ideas about how to
do things within their chapters.
This changes it into a chapter president selection of persons running for
the office of Presiden, out of the sight of the general membership.
This is not what we should be doing.  The place for this "meet the
candidates" should be either in the General sessions or held as it is, for
the Monday morning slate committee meeting and the General Elections where
their may be other candidates presented or raised from the floor.

This is my view on the subject and I offer it as a caution, it could be seen
as a "back room" deal by members.
Either everyone hears from them or no one should until Monday morning
elections, outside of the candidates own electioneering to the general
membership.

David Evans, NFBF