[Nfbf-l] Hospital visit!

Judith Hamilton jrhamilton51 at earthlink.net
Tue May 19 03:05:37 UTC 2009

Glad you are doing better.  I have been wading through six duplications of
messages received between May 13 thru 16.  Cables were cut by a backhoe
knocking out landline phone service during that time and I guess the
internet server just went crazy.  Keep on the road to recovery.
Judy
Gainesville Chapter

Thank you Sherri for asking all to assist me in my recovery by saying a
prayer on my behalf to help me recover from my last bout with my physical
health. As Sherri had informed all of you, I was put in the Hospital on
Tuesday for IV antibiotic treatment for my right arm having cellulitis and
Bursitis.I peeled off some elbow skin at the BVA convention the weekend
prior since my anti rejection meds have cause me to have extremely thin
skin at the elbows and by this skin removal accidentally by leaning on them
causing me to get an unnoticed infection under the elbow skin. Once I
noticed I had a problem, well, it was too late and my elbow had gotten
really swollen and bursitis had already sat in. My arm was three times it's
size on Friday morning from when I retired on Thursday night. so the
Cellulitis had already settled in as well! In any event, I ended up having
surgery on my bursa area yesterday morning and it had such bad infection
that they ended up having to remove my bursa sack completely. The IV
treatments have helped me tremendously as far as reducing the inflamation
and my arm has returned to it's normal size but the pain has yet to relax
any at all! I have had cellulitis once before but I had forgotten how
painful it truly is until I had it again this round! LOL! In any event, I
truly appreciate all of you that wrote me or to the NFBF site to wish me
well! You all are the best! Thanks and I will do nothing but heal so as not
to dissappoint you all! LOL! I wish Mike heals quickly as well and we will
have no more illness from our State for the rest of the year at least!
HAHA! Your friend in the cause, KH