[Nfbf-l] INTRODUCING TERRY GLASNER

Lenora J. Marten bluegolfshoes at aol.com
Thu May 21 17:01:13 UTC 2009

Hello All -

I want to introduce Terry Glasner to you. She is seeking a non-officer board position with NFBF-Parents Division. If you've ever thought of a board position with NFBF-
Parents, now is the time! While most of you think that you must be the parent of a blind child to be a member of NFBF-Parents Division, that is not the case. Just like
sighted people can be members of NFB, you too, can be a member?of NFBF-Parents Division. It is often said that "It Takes a Village to Raise a Child". Please consider
becoming a member of NFBF-Parents Division, joining myself (Lenora Marten), Doreen Franklin and others interested in furthering NFBF's Future!

I met Terry Glasner at NFBF State Convention 2008. While we quickly became friends, it was clearly evident that Terry has much to offer both NFBF and NFBF-Parents
Division. Even before she became a board member of our local chapter, she jumped right in helping out whenever and wherever she could. While she has no
children of her own, she helped to raise a step-daughter and later fostered a young teenage girl.

Terry has been blind since birth, but that has not stopped her from reaching her goals. She attended High School at OSB, Oklahoma School for the Blind, where
she was Head Cheerleader, Vice President of the Student Council, Editor of the School Newspaper, and member of the swim and track teams. Terry received her
Bachelor's Degree from East Central University while tutoring in Journalism, Ethics and Law. Those of you who have had the pleasure of meeting Terry will not
be surprised to find that she was a finalist in the Miss Oklahoma Beauty Pageant 1983. She went on to get her Masters Degree from Oklahoma State University while
tutoring undergraduate students in English, Grammar and History. Terry received her PhD in Education in 2003 from University of Connecticut.

As a Certified Braille Instructor of grades 1, 2 and 3 Braille, Terry has much to offer both?parents and children in NFBF-Parents Division. She will be the first blind adult
to serve on NFBF-Parents Board of Directors. Too often, parents are only given advice from sighted professionals. Let's elect Terry Glasner to NFBF-Parents Division Board of Directors and give parents and students the resources they need to succeed!

Lenora J. Marten
NFBF-Parents Division Board Member
NFB-Jacksonville Chapter Secretary
NOPBC/PLP-Parent Leadership Program