[Nfbf-l] (no subject)

Debby B bwbddl at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 01:50:54 UTC 2009

As most of you know, I made the decision prior to convention to pass on the baton this year. It was a very tough decision to make, but one that is necessary at this time. I'm not going away, just stepping back in order to focus on my family for a season.

We had many new families this year, and incredible activities and child care. The child care workers want to go with us to Orlando! Many, many thanks to Dennis and Sue Davids, and to Jody Ianuzzi for all their hard work prior to and during the convention to help make this convention come together. Many thanks to Lenora and Larry Marten for their generous gifts to the parents, and to Dennis and Sue Davids for their generous donations to the childcare program and gifts to the parents.  Many thanks to Carol Fratti and Chris Masal, both from DBS, for the last minute scramble to acquire the power point equipment needed. Thanks also to Donna Evans for our Girl Scout volunteers on Saturday, and David Evans for the use of your sound system. And, of course, thanks to our fabulous speakers and presenters: Dr. Ruby Ryles, LA Tech University; Dr. Sandra Lewis, FSU; Suzanne Dalton, FL Instructional Materials Center; Dr. McKeown and Dr. Lam from Bascom Palmer;
 Sherrill O'Brien, Winona Brackett, Cecelia Rodrigues, Eric Marten on our Braille Readers panel, and Dani Sapiro, Kris Scheppe, Winona Brackett, Kelly James on our "What Can You Do With a Blind Kid?" panel.

Welcome to all our new families! We're glad to have you join us! We missed those of you from the past years who were not able to attend this year. Hope you will all make plans to join us in Orlando next year over the Memorial Day weekend. Also, check out National Convention July 3-July 8, in Detroit, MI. (www.nfb.org) Be sure to join the March for Independence team, or make a donation to Winona and I or to the team. Info following my signature.

Congratulations to our new board:
President Lenora Marten
Vice President Doreen Franklin
Secretary Vickie Wolf
Treasurer Larry Marten
Legislative Board Member Anastasia Campbell
PR/Membership Board Member Andrew Regnery
Fundraising Board Member Kelly James

 Debby
bwbddl at yahoo.com
www.nfbflorida.org/parents

Please support Braille literacy and programs for our youth by sponsoring me in
the Motor City March for Independence! Better yet, join the team of the FL Parents of Blind Children! Only 5 more weeks!!
http://www.marchforindependence.org/goto/debbyb
http://www.marchforindependence.org/goto/fpobc