[Nfbf-l] tips on selling cruise raffle tickets

Gina Minichiello minichiellog at comcast.net
Thu Jul 15 21:08:09 UTC 2010

Hello everyone
Hope all is going well with the Cruise of a Lifetime Raffle sales. Remember, if we sell all the tickets, we can always get more. Below are some tips on getting raffle tickets sold. I got some tips from other chapters.
Please let us know what is working for your chapter.

1. Don't leave home without your raffle tickets. You never know who you might run into, that will buy tickets.

2. Tell everyone you meet about the raffle. They may not want to buy one, but may tell others.

3. Ask servers at restaurants if they would consider taking raffle tickets as part or all of their gratuity. Most will at least take one ticket.

4. Get family and friends involved in helping you sell tickets.

5. You are not limited to Florida. Sell tickets wherever you can.

6. Post raffle ticket info on social networks, such as facebook and twitter.

5. The Tallahassee chapter has a restaurant help them sell tickets. Perhaps the restaurant where your chapter meetings are held would help.

6. Bring raffle tickets with you, when you have speaking engagements at other meetings.

7. Get an information table at a mall. Have technology and white cane demonstations,and include the raffle ticket sales.

Hopes this helps, and please provide some feedback. We want to sell every last ticket.
Thanks so much for your efforts.

Gina Minichiello
NFBF Fundraising Committee Chairperson
Greater Jacksonville Chapter, Treasurer