[Nfbf-l] Blind Couple's Baby Returned Kansas City, MO

Patricia A. Lipovsky plipovsky at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jul 22 14:31:19 UTC 2010

RJ,

Has your sister been around very many blind peiople?  When people have this
type of attitude, its usually because of negative experiences they've had in
the past with a few, hence, generalizing, if a few people are a certain way,
then everyone must be the same.

I personally have raised three childen, and witht the help of things like
gates, bells on their shoes, etc., really didn't experience any
extraordinary proglems that any other sighted parents would have
experienced.  Of course, as a blind parent, you need to be more on your
toes, and pay really close attention at all times, but other then that, I
personally really don't see a problwem.