[Nfbf-l] Amtrak

Holly hbeanie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 00:59:54 UTC 2010

I DID NOT ask for assistance and when it was offered I said, "NO thank
you," I've got it, no problems." When I walked to the food car, the
employee that was following me stated that he had to, its company
policy. So, I asked about the colored tags and well, anyone who is
blind or has a cane is to have one of the different colored tags and
is to be assisted from one car to another, "just in case you make the
wrong turn and open the outside door instead of the next car door." I
explained that blind people are not stupid and we are more then able
in getting from one car to another without openning the wrong door.
Anyway, I am over this whole conversation. I was frustrated when it
happened and I get that way every time I think about it. I felt like I
was a criminal being followed from one car to another and yet another.
I walk through three cars to get a snack for Jacy. I suggested that
the employee go ahead of me if he really thought I was going to make
the wrong turn. Then I suggested that he just get the food for me
since I might make the wrong purchase, or pay the wrong amount, or
maybe even spill the purchase on my way back to my seat. Okay, I may
have went a little far, but once I got to the food car, he decided
that another passenger needed him more then he needed to follow me
around.

This is the last post I will make on this topic.
Forgive me for sharing my experiences.
Holly