[Nfbf-l] The Braille Monitor

Judith Hamilton jrhamilton51 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 20 11:38:15 UTC 2010

Dear Dan & Any Members Who May Be Able To Assist:

It has come to my attention and thanks to our chapter members, that we have not been receiving  The Braille Monitor since January, 2010.  I am sure you all can appreciate the fact that all of us get numerous cassettes and information throughout the year.  Sometimes things get misplaced, life happens, etc. and you do not miss something until someone asks during a group discussion.

One of our sighted members, who receives the Monitor in print, brought the subject to my attention during a phone conference call a few weeks ago.  She had not been at her residence a lot and assumed it got lost in the general mail somehow.  Those participating in the conference call, also suffer from information overload, and thought they had received it, but with the 2010 convention, figured we would get the convention highlights this month.  One of our members who receives the Monitor in Braille, also stated that she had not received an issue in a long time.  This started me on a search at my house.  I found that the last Monitor I received was the December, 2009 issue.

1.  Has any member experienced interruptions in their subscription?

2.  Has there been any communication regarding a change in the alternative format to members receiving subscriptions?

3.  Who do I contact in the national office?  Barbara Pierce or the new associate editor?

4.  Who do I contact regarding a member's format preference change?

Judy
Gainesville Chapter