[Nfbf-l] State School

Patricia A. Lipovsky plipovsky at cfl.rr.com
Sun Apr 3 16:48:04 UTC 2011

Hi Joanne,

I, like you, was mainstreamed through school, and I wouldn't have had it any
other way.  In my opinion, The best thing my parents ever did for me was to
keep me in the norm of society as much as possible.  I think it made me a
much stronger person, and gave me a better handle on life in general, and
how to live, and cope in a sighted world with sighted people.

I don't wish to put any school or individual down, because everyone is
different with different circumstances, and needs to do what ever is best
for them, but I must say, I too have noticed, over the years that there is a
definite difference in individuals who were mainstreamed , and those who
went to special schools.