[Nfbf-l] State School

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 16:53:55 UTC 2011

Joann, I so agree with you on this topic! I, too, have seen many blind
individuals that act so childlike compared to others and have wondered why.
Why some are always figitting, and others are not. I was told it was due to
their parents allowing them to do what they wished without letting them
know it is not polite to rock or figit all the time in their seets,etc. I
was also told it was because they were placed in their playpens for hours to
keep them safe and they would get extremely bored so they developed habits
that were very distracting to others in a room and such. These behaviors are
what the majority of our population (sighted) see and assume we are not
prepared to be on an even  keel with them and until we try and feel
comfortable about talking about these foibles with some of usletting them
know this behavior is not acceptable and quite rude as well, we will have
diminished and negative attention brought our way. Just one man's opinion is
all! Kirk