[Nfbf-l] FW: [Gduf-l] Sad news

Holly hbeanie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 03:59:49 UTC 2011

I was told today that Rita passed at work this afternoon.
.
Rita was one of a kind. She was an all around grand person. I never heard
Rita say a bad thing about anyone. She gave everything she had to the ones
who knew her.

I went down to Southeastern for a visit with a group of students. Prior to
leaving the guide dog school, Rita gave me a bag. She told me it was for
Jacy. Rita and I had been working on getting me down to the school, with
Jacy, for a week of training with the trainers. She told me that Jacy would
not be a problem. Rita and the girls in the office would take good care of
him. Now, Rita had been telling me this since Jacy was born. At conventions,
as Jacy got older, she always had something fun for him to play with. At the
National ACB convention in Orlando, she invited Jacy to attend the breakfast
SGD put on. She then told him that he had to bring his mommy. She gave him a
note pad, pen and a stuffed puppy. I asked about purchasing another puppy
and she explained that she had brought that one just for him and she did not
have anymore, with her.

After picking up Jacy today from school, he asked me about Ms. Rita from the
dog school. He wanted to know when he was going to see her again. I was
waiting for the bus and just cried. I explained that Ms. Rita was visiting
with his Nana, my mom, and Ms. Zeena, my original driver at work. He then
said, Mommy was she real sick or just a little? Why didn't the doctors fix
her? Those questions run through my head from time to time, too. I new Rita
was ill, I just did not know how bad. I saw and spoke to her at Top Dog and
I am glad I did. Jacy remembers seeing her there and giving her a huge hug.
I think he hurt her that day, but she didn't say anything.

What a lady. Words really cannot express all the memories, thoughts and
feeling going through my head right now.

May God be with Rita's dear family, keep them close and help them through
these challenging times.

Thank you,
Holly

--
"God gives you 86,400 seconds in a day. Take one to say Thank You."
Walter A. Ward