[Nfbf-l] Blind people dating blind people

Mark Tardif markspark at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 5 23:11:36 UTC 2011

I hate to say this, but those in your inner circle are probably under the
misconception that two totally blind people dating or married can't make it,
because there are some things that working eyes are required for.  My
experience has suggested, in being married to a blind woman and dating blind
women that it can work.  What I would say to you is that you might want to
get a sense of her level of independence as well as your level of
independence.  In other words, you want it to be a partnership, not a
relationship in which one person does everything for the other and the
second one doesn't contribute.  Once that's been established and you know
you have the same sense of values, there is no reason whatsoever that it
shouldn't work.

Mark Tardif
Welcome to my planet