[Nfbf-l] FW: A note from Sen. Nelson about jobs andhigh-speedrail

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Sat Feb 19 14:59:00 UTC 2011

Hello Dan,

You don't have to build more highway for transit, you can use existing
highways.   I think it is false economy to say rail SAVES money!  There are
energy efficient buses and even electric buses like the ones used in
California.

This is a 19th century boondoggle to solve a 21st century problem.  I am on
the MPO board here and I have heard all about this system.  It includes a
train station with 15 parking places.  Now does that make sense?  No more
sense then the train itself.

I for one am sick of seeing money wasted on idiot stimulus packages that
just drive us deeper in to debt. And that is as political as I will get too.

JODY