[Nfbf-l] Simply amazing!

Kirk kvharmon54 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 02:27:22 UTC 2011

 Hi all!
I have to say, it was a very exciting moment in History today for  me at the
daytona Speedway!  for me To have been fortunate enough to be there to
witness this special historical event was really something. Being able to
witness a  blind man  drive himself around the track, making  decisions  on
when  to turn to avoid real time situations such as the  van in front  of
him tossing out boxes for him to avoid  and him actually doing  it correctly
and without incident was simply remarkable! Just imagine what tomorrow's
technology will give all of us to utilize to reach our goals such as driving
ourselves! The thought of this is just too awesome!  I have to admit I had
reservations to this project, but after witnessing it in person and
listening to Rick Obono (SP) tell us how he for the  very first time  was
able to put his entire family in the car and drive his two kids and wife
around the track yesterday and how proud he sounded telling us, it has
changed my opinion! My  hat goes off to Dr. Mauer and the National NFB  and
the University of Virginia for working with this project together and doing
such a fine job coordinating this event. I got to see the beginning  of our
future freedom for transportation and to be able  to travel as we wish as
easily as our sighted counterparts in the  near future! It's simply
Remarkable! well I will quit babbling on  for now, but it  did give  me  a
new hope  and  excitement knowing we are  right around the corner to reach
this goal! !
All I can say to all of you is it was " SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!

d" TURNING HOPE INTO REALITY"