[Nfbf-l] Help with Facebook access for blind

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sat Jun 16 20:24:42 UTC 2012

The code you are talking about is called a CAPTCHA.  It is an
intentionally distorted graphic that is used to ensure that there is
a real human at the other end, not a computer, trying to establish a
spam account.  As I recall, Facebook also offers audio CAPTCHA's for
blind persons, where the number or word to be entered is
spoken.  Investigate the screen and see if there is an audio link, if
not you may have to enlist some sighted assistance temporarily.

Dave

p.s.  and as to a law, there is no law that would force Facebook to
make its site accessible.  This could change -- but nothing yet.

DA