[Nfbf-l] do we really want hate and anger on our list?

Sherrill O'Brien sherrill.obrien at verizon.net
Sat Mar 24 02:47:07 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Since Dan didn't change the subject line of his plea for civility on this
list, writing under the subject line "forgive the Student Loan Act of 2012,
perhaps some of you have not read his original post. Here it is under my
signature. I'm not on the Board, but I'm a member of this list, and I would
ask, on behalf of most on this list, that everyone respect this public
forum, the good name of the National Federation of the "Blind, and, as Dan
says, immediately stop this thread. This is an embarrassment to this list
and the N
fB. Please realize everyone can see these posts, for years to come. We ask
people to support us with their time and money, and then those same people
read such hateful posts here? I know we're all passionate about so many
issues, but hate filled posts only hurt us. Can't we put this passion and
energy toward issues that matter to blind children, seniors, veterans, well
you get my point. Certainly we all pray that justice is done in the Trayvon
Martin case. But let's take a deep breath and get back to the serious task
of improving quality of life for the blind of Florida.

 In the Federation spirit,
Sherrill