[Nfbf-l] Be part of the World!

Jim Ellsworth jellsworth1 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Mar 24 17:41:52 UTC 2012

Matt,

I doubt newspapers will cease to exist.  They will evolve and continue to
exist.  While it is true that many newspapers are seeing a decline in
subscribers due to the internet they are evolving with that and beginning to
offer both free as well as paid subscriptions to their newspapers on line
accessible through computers, smart phones and other devices.  This doesn't
mean that Newsline is out of date.  With funding for Newsline we will
continue to get the latest news just like the rest of the world.  Newspapers
have shown their willingness to provide us with their content and I can see
no reason why they would stop.  The general public have begun paying for
their news content on line in place of paying for home delivery and there
many reasons for that.  Having it available to them anywhere anytime on just
about any device is probably the most attractive thing.  Newsline has also
evolved by doing just that.  It is now offered in many ways including the
phone, computer via e mail and as a download for your favorite devices like
the Victor Reader Stream, Plextalk etc.

I and many others all over the country do not want to see Newsline just go
away.  There are many battles to be faught and this is a very important one.
Your personal desires for what you'd like to see are certainly good ones.
You mentioned the NHL web site as not being accessible and I certainly hope
you have let them know that.  I personally have not visited the site as I am
not an NHL fan but I can certainly share in your desire to have equal access
to whatever site or electronic device it might be out there.

There are frankly countless accessibility battles to be faught and some of
us have our own personal desires for what we'd like to see but I and
thousands of others deeply value the existance of Newsline and it should be
at the very top of the list of important things to protect.  I am very sorry
you don't see much value in Newsline but the large majority of us do and we
will fight to keep it.

Thank you,
Jim Ellsworth