[Nfbf-l] latest update for Jim Ellsworth

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 19:25:11 UTC 2013

Sounds as though things are moving along nicely! Keep fighting Jim!

Good morning, I apologize for not having updated the journal sooner. Things
get a bit hectic around here sometimes. Jim has actually been home for a
week. He was released from the hospital on Nov. 28, early evening. Earlier
in the day, the family visited him in the hospital and brought Thanksgiving
dinner. Not much to really tell with regards to his being back home. It has
been the usual around the clock meds, lots of sleeping for Jim and just
trying to keep him healthy and nourished so he can have the bone marrow
transplant. Monday, on the 2nd, he has chemo and labs. Blood pressure was a
bit low; however, his blood counts were good. Today, more chemo and labs and
a visit with the nurse practitioner. Next Wednesday, we will be attending
his bone marrow transplant class with him. He goes back to the hospital on
Dec. 16 for the last chemo, part B. Three weeks afterwards, he will have a
pET scan. He will then go through the three-day testing of his organs and a
physical to make sure he is able to undergo the transplant. At the same
time, the donor will undergo their testing as well. Thus far, it looks like
the transplant will be happening in February. All in all, Jim is in pretty
good spirits. Mornings are best for him; afternoons and evenings is the
sleepy time. He is battling night sweats this past week. It seems to be a
bit worse than usual. He also complains of being cold a lot even though it
is rather warm for the rest of us. He is eating and drinking pretty well.
Know problems with his throat or mouth this time. This Saturday, we will be
spending time with family and having Thanksgiving dinner. Next Saturday, we
plan on attending a Christmas party, if he is feeling up to it. Everyone is
welcome to call and say hi to him, if you like. As I previously mentioned,
mornings are best as he is more alert during that time. May everyone have a
pleasant rest of the week and weekend. Kim

Sherri

Character is the side of yourself you choose to show the world.
Integrity is what you do, what you say and how you act when you think no one
is paying attention.
Sherri Brun
NFBF Newsline Chair
flmom2006 at gmail.com