[Nfbf-l] latest update for Jim Ellsworth

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 05:30:25 UTC 2013

Hello all,

Here's the latest update written 12/23 about Jim.

Good morning, Jim has been home from the hospital since last Thursday,
December 19. It is taking me some time to write an update as shortly after
he came home, I came down with some kind of stomach bug. Thank goodness it
was short lived. Also, the pressure in one of my eyes decided to go up; and
though I had been trying to put off seeing the eye doctor, I was forced to
go last Tuesday while jim was in the hospital. I am back on eye drops; and
so far, they finally appear to be working. He was in good spirits and doing
well after he came home. However, Friday afternoon's chemo seems to have
wiped him out. He has been extremely tired and sleepy. He is eating and
drinking because I nag him. Looks like a couple of mouth sores have come up
this time. Thus far, we are keeping them under control. He still hasn't
gained weight. The reading from the end of last week had him thinking that
he had put on some pounds; however, upon weighing himself this morning, he
realizes that last weeks reading was water weight. I could hear the
disappointment in his voice. We have received the detailed schedule for
January regarding the pre-transplant testing. On the 8th, 9th and 10th, he
will have full days of testing. On the 14th, we meet with the transplant
team including the doctor to sign consent forms, as questions, etc. On the
24th, he will go in to have his central line placed. And then, on the 26th,
he will be admitted to the hospital; which will be the long stent for the
transplant. January will be a whirlwind month to say the least. I still have
a few presents to wrap, some last minute gifts are on their way and I will
be preparing some scrumptious dishes tomorrow evening for our Christmas day
meal. We put up our little Christmas tree this year; and Ruben has actually
left it alone this time. LOL Jim and I wish all of our family, friends and
co-workers a merry Christmas and a happy New year. We cannot thank all of
you enough for the support, the endless prayers, your caring thoughts, your
love, patience and kindness throughout this difficult journey. We are going
to enjoy a respite from chemo and prepare for the next leg of the journey.
Kim
Sent from CaringBridge iPhone App

Sherri

Character is the side of yourself you choose to show the world.
Integrity is what you do, what you say and how you act when you think no one
is paying attention.
Sherri Brun
NFBF Newsline Chair
flmom2006 at gmail.com