[Nfbf-l] Teck Tip of the Day: The Problem with 7Z compression utility

Derek Roberts bigd.vi.guy at gmail.com
Thu May 2 04:56:42 UTC 2013

7z compression is actually far better than some others (.zip, for
instance). The code and specs for the 7z format are open, so other
programs not being able to extract it isn't the 7zip team's problem.
Also, if you don't want it to be the default, you can change that when
you install it, or edit your windows default program settings.
I prefer 7zip myself because it tends to compress better, and I don't
have a super fast connection.

Thanks,
KJ4UFX