[Nfbf-l] The National Federation of the Blind of Florida Statescholarship program

Carlos J MontasAS carlos.montas at gmail.com
Fri May 24 01:16:15 UTC 2013

Good evening to you sir. The NFBf scholarship program has nothing to do with
my employer. What I say, and do when I am not working is up to me.
Secondly, I am simply  stating the facts about what happened. That someone
who  did not meet the minimum requirements won a scholarship. That is wrong.
How can we expect students to apply for our scholarship program when we
knowingly violate the standards of the 2.7 grade point average?
If my information is not correct, then you would have not responded so
aggressively. this issue is not personal its about doing things the right
way. As you well know if you have a large number of applicants, it is hard
enough to choose from those applicants who meet the qualifications. To have
some one  win a scholarship who does not meet the minimum requirements is
quite frankly unacceptable. As I have stated this is not personal it just
does not look good. I know that Dr. Maurer would not support this. this is
not some kind of campaign to destroy any one. I am just stating the facts.
If my information is not correct, then just say so, and that will be the end
of it.        -----Original Message -----