[Nfbf-l] The National Federation of the Blind ofFloridaStatescholarship program

Carlos Montas carlos.montas at gmail.com
Sun May 26 05:03:20 UTC 2013

Good morning I know for a fact that the President of the  nfbf advocated for the scholarship winner who has the 2.3 grade point average.  The reason why I did not bring this matter to mr.  Hicks is because nothing would have  been done about it.  This is not personal its a matter of standing up for what is right.  I feel bad for  students who applied for a scholarship but may have not won one because  of the person who did not have the grade point  average.  if the nfbf is going to award a scholarship to someone with a 2.3  gpa then the application grade point average  minimum should be changed from 2.7 to  a 2.0.  The nfb is an organization  that is trying to  change what it means to be blind  This scholarship issue is not a good example of that.

Sent from my iPhone